Over 150 Years of Warehousing and Transportation Solutions
The company is Incorporated in 1917 as Belt’s Wharf Warehouses, Inc., with its Warehouses located in the historic maritime district of Fells Point
Belts expands beyond our waterfront presence with a 200,000 sq. ft. facility handling domestic distribution in Elkridge, Maryland and Belts Transportation Services, Inc., is established to serve the transportation needs of our customers throughout the East Coast.
Belts founded as a terminal warehouse for the shipping fleet of Baltimore Merchant C. Morton Stewart.
Belts continues our record of innovation and growth in constructing and operating three facilities totaling more than 900,000 sq. ft. for Fila’s U.S. footwear and apparel distribution operations,The addition of contract staffing services,Implementation of successful third-party distribution operations for Fila, Vulcan Hart/PMI, SmithKline Beecham, Fisher Scientific, QualitiCare Medical Services, Specialized Bicycle Components, National Paper & Plastics Company, Texas Instruments, Zodiac Group and others,Belts celebrates our 150th Anniversary in 1995,Belts is awarded the Governor’s Excellence in Warehousing Award by Maryland Governor Parris Glendening in 1997, andBelts approved by boundary modification for operation in Foreign Trade Zone #73, BWI Airport
Belts experiences tremendous growth with the implementation of the area’s first contract third-party distribution program with Texas Instruments, The acquisition and redevelopment of 183,000 sq. ft. Belts Corporate Center warehouse,The development of the Belts Business Center, a 216,000 sq. ft., high cube distribution facility near the Port of Baltimore, andThe establishment of the U.S. Customs Centralized Examination Station for Baltimore.
The development of a 154,400 sq. ft. cross docked concrete tilt wall distribution facility located at 1021 Swan Creek Drive, Baltimore, Maryland,Chosen as the U.S. National Distribution Center for one of the world’s largest spirit and beverage companies, Pernod Ricard USA,Value Added Packager for Worldwide Spirits Exports for a Major International Company,Belts becomes an Operator in Foreign Trade Zone # 74, Baltimore CityPurchase of a 171,000 square foot Distribution Facility in Holabird Industrial Park
Founded in 1845 on "Belt's Wharf" in historic Fells Point, Belt's was the terminal of Baltimore merchant C. Morton Stewart and the berth of the famous ship, "The Josephine", which held the record for the fastest passage from Rio de Janeiro to Baltimore (shown above)
During the past 35 years, Belt's has evolved from a waterfront warehouse to one of the most innovative provider of logistics services in the region. The following is a brief chronolgical history of Belts Logistics Services notable company accomplishments: